Saturday, September 27, 2008

Poor Blake

So after Subway and making it to the next major exchange we were finally able to get some sleep (sort of). Kelly in the back van seat, me in the next one, Blake in the next and Mary up front. Ryan and Chach set up a tent in front of the van. Who said we were unprepared?  After the van door slammed shut slash dome light came off and on about 100 times and after somebody peed on the tent it was time to get up again to meet Poppa Pate as he sprinted to the finish. Blake is running again so Van 2 is starting Leg 2. Blake thought he was doing 4.7 but it is actually 5.9. Who said we were unprepared? 

In all honesty there was a point when I was trying to wake up, my contacts were crusted to my eyelids, my feet hurt, and I could not get away from some stink that turned out to be me that I thought, "Why the HELL are we doing this?"  Then I saw Andy smiling when he crossed the line and dropped the bracelet when he handed it to Blake and Chach called us the American 400 relay team as everyone laughed that I remembered... Cause it is fun. (Now if somebody will tell Blake that when he runs by...)

Sleep tight, Sedentary Observers. Run on, Beer Run.

No comments: