Friday, September 26, 2008

8.7 miles- Leg #1 complete!

So I kicked off Team Beer Run this morning with leg #1. We got to the start line in Cumberland, MD, the rain had stopped and the atmosphere was great. I get to the start line with everyone cheering us on. Note that this is my longest leg so I'm all excited to get my 6.2 miles done first off. So I say hello to the guy next to me and he enthusiastically says how he's so ready to run 8.7 miles!!! Imagine my amazement (shock really) that I was now running 8.7 miles! I didn't run that far once while I was training! I am proud to say though that I ran the entire leg no stopping. Granted I am now icing my hips, knees, ankles and soles of my feet but I finished it! :)

So on our way to meet James at his halfway point to cheer him on at Leg #2 we entered a dark, wooded area (definitely a scene from deliverance) where we came upon a sign spray painted in red that read "Get out. If you do not own property back here you do not belong here". Being a solid team we drove on, only to moments later decide we would probably get shot if we continued. We love our team but wanted everyone to make it out alive.

Now onto excahge three where Adrienne will take off on leg #4. Van #1 is almost done with their first legs!

No comments: